Wednesday, July 10, 2013

52 days...

til spring (or 143 til summer)
 
 
 
this winter break i have tried to maximise my winter wellness instead of using it as an excuse to hide or disguise. so far i have successfully completed a juice cleanse via pressed juices and have upped my yoga practice to every second day. my soul food has been sourced from cookbooks like gwyneth paltrow's 'it'a all good' and i have found some new online inspiration through health and lifestyle star jessica sepel. for some extra outside TLC i have been indulging in frank body scrubs and i have also started taking daily doses of *proplenish sachets and chlorophyll and spirulina tablets. i can also feel a massive shift in energy from swapping my oats to a chia seed protein packed porridge and have signed up again for deepak and oprah's meditation challenge.
 
my reward??? i feel f@#*ing fantastic. i mean sittin on top of the world fab. i am focussed, vibrant and my motivation for making more healthy choices has never been higher. next on my to do list is to finish my squat challenge, add in some circuit style cardio (on alternate yoga days) and plan for an end of 'winter wellness campaign' spa day! 
 
my advice... make this time of year your bische. be proactive, be positive and be prepared. basically don't put your health on hiatus. when we are feeling fit and healthy that positivity snow balls and when we are feeling down, dark and lazy it can put us into a funk that promotes months and even years of unhealthy behaviours.
 
i think i had my health 'aha moment' when i really took responsibility for my circumstances (which was a confronting and uncomfortable and yet empowering realisation) and from there sprung the awareness that happiness and health is not a destination, it is a journey you need to chose to undertake every single day. AND yes sometimes i do feel like a walking cliche, a born again, wellness warrior cult member and i do sometimes find my old self eye-rolling at my new found attitude but you know what my old self was NOT a happy camper. my old self was a person i hardly recognise. i was tired, miserable and overweight. i had zero self-love, however i did love playing the victim. my problem... 'excuses were my mantra'. i had an external locus of control and when you believe that your life is in the hands of fate then you can never be proactive only reactive to circumstance. 
 
my challenge to you... take control this winter and pick one healthy habit or TLC initiative to incorporate into your routine. once you've mastered that, add another and another and before you know it, summer is here and you are shining brighter than ever!
 
 
*proplenish is a marine collagen which i actually first spotted through rebecca judd on instagram, i have been using it for the last month and while i can't say it's all due to proplenish (as i've been adding all sorts of good things to my routine) i do feel like it has significantly added to my glow!

**image from weheartit

No comments:

Post a Comment