Tuesday, July 2, 2013

change is good

 
 








 
 
now that i'm on uni break and back to full time work i had attempted to switch my 10am yoga sesh to a 6.15pm and it was a complete disaster. not only is it cold and wet and dark but i am drained from sitting in front of the computer all day. basically i would get home stomach growling and then i would have to decide... get changed and venture back out to yoga or cook up a little somethin somethin and snuggle in my fave chair watchin whatever the IQ had expressed from the US  for me. i can tell you the former didn't win. all last week i ended up in the chair. SO this week i shifted focus. set my alarm for 5.40am and headed to the 6am express yoga and it has been a revelation. i know 'morning' people will be way ahead of me here and just roll there eyes but i honestly thought i never had the energy to get up that early. HOWEVER what i think the issue was, i was never getting up early enough and making the most of it. in summer i would get up early and take the dog for a walk which i really enjoyed but yoga has given me more morning energy than a long double black. i honestly used to greet the morning with a scowl but now co workers keep commenting on my sunny, energetic disposition. i sound like the converted and yes i tend to jump on and off the exercise bandwagon but i really have found my flow with yoga and if i keep feeling as good as this i think the 6am switch might just stick!
 
i encourage you with your exercise if you feel like it's not working for you, change up the time you're doing it and if that doesn't work change the activity, everybody is different and trust me i have tried it all. "success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam" - w. churchill




No comments:

Post a Comment